There are signs to look for and should get your attention so that you know when to change the tyres on your car.
The following is a list of clues to look for:
- If you discover splits in your tyres they must be changed as soon as possible.
- Tyres that are out of date can harden over time and this would cause your car to slip on certain kinds of road and cause an accident.
- It is possible to buy tyres with retreads but be mindful that retreaded tyres lack the stability and security of new. So purchasing because they are low-cost is not always the most dependable. You may observe that the effectiveness of your car is impaired, especially in bad weather and is not gripping the road as well as it ought to.
- The tread on your tyres is worn below the appropriate minimum limit of 1.6mm.
- If the tread of the tyre is worn down the centre of the tyre this may be because at some point the tyres have been over inflated.
- Wear on the outer edges, sometimes brought on by under inflating your tyres should also be replaced as it causes difficulties on the inner liner as well.
- Deterioration can sometimes be brought on to a tyre resulting in a bulge, sometimes referred to as an egg in the tyre.
- There may be slices in the tyres commonly caused by sharp objects.
- There may be portions of the tyre with no tread at all, this would be created by emergency braking, sometimes also causing the tyre to deflate.
- There may be wear on the external edge of the tyre caused by extreme wheel camber.
- If the side of the tread has been worn progressively from one side to the other, this may be caused by the front wheels being out of alignment.
- It is unavoidable that at times sharp objects go into tyres, more often than not nails. This too would be occasion for a tyre to be changed especially if there is a hissing sound coming from it when you try to pull it out. It is best to press the nail back in at this point and go and get it checked asap.
Tyres should be looked at weekly, to make sure that they are well maintained giving them a extended life.
Suite C 21 The Plantation, Gloucestershire GL2 4SP
0845 519 1867